[sdiy] portable monophonic synth ideas

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:50:41 CEST 2013

The various MFOS Mini-Synth options seem like they could work well,
you might want to add a MIDI 2 CV adapter (there are some very small
ones that I have heard work well), and then you can use any small MIDI
capable keyboard for it....

I was able to fit the Mini Synth Plus (basically a Mini Synth + a
Sample & Hold) into a cigar box, and definitely battery powered (needs
two to be biploar though).

Not sure about driving headphones, that may require an additional
circuit as well.

I think there's probably some question of how well do you want the
VCOs to track etc as well.  I have had little trouble with mine, but
Ray makes a point that they are not expected to be "good" at tracking
V/Oct....  And I'm not doing anything especially demanding with it.