[sdiy] portable monophonic synth ideas

Elain Klopke functionofform at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 07:08:31 CEST 2013

hey all,

I'm looking around for ideas on how to go about building a small,
preferably battery powered, monophonic analog synth. Something that
will be able to be played in the studio, on stage, and in the break
room during lunch (headphones most likely).

I have a 25-key keybed minus the PCB with the contacts, a MFOS VCO
board, ADSR board, and somewhere a built sate variable VCF and dual
VCA.... but those boards are kinda big in the grand scheme of needing
more modules still and wanting portability.

Also, any clues on how to do a compact keyboard scanning matrix
that'll output control voltages?

Thanks in advance for any clues and ideas,

-Ian