[sdiy] More SMT

Altitude altitude at optrand.com
Fri Mar 22 02:57:47 CET 2013

Obviously this only works with HASL plated boards but I have been fond of
doing the same thing for ENIG plated contacts by just tinning the tip of the
iron with solder (and I mean VERY little), fluxing the contacts and the just
touching each pin with the iron, works like a charm.  You should only have
enough solder on the tip for 3-4 pins but once you get it down, TQFP stuff
is no problem and you can even use that method for the dreaded uQFN stuff