[sdiy] Duplicates and multiples in KiCAD

Jason Nanna jasonnanna at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 09:41:02 CET 2013

Helpful:

PyEDA aims to provide EDA tools written in Python, and to link to
other relevant projects.

The first subproject is kipy (Python tools for KiCAD). Not really
documented at all yet, but you can download kipy via subversion:

svn checkout http://pyeda.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/kipy kipy

kipy is basically a library designed for easy use from other programs,
but the kipy/tools directory contains scripts which can do the
following:

Round-trip (read and write) Kicad .pro, .sch, and .lib files
Parse the .sch and .lib files and do additional rules checking
Output the netlist in a format suitable for use with ExpressPCB
Dump pin to net information for any reference designator

Kipy works under Linux and Windows and currently requires Python 2.5
or 2.6, as well as a KiCAD installation.

And here's the youtube clip I had referred to on cloning subcircuits
-- it utilizes the tools available above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mChTfL746Fs