[sdiy] VCA response - continuously variable between linear and exponential

houshu at muj.biglobe.ne.jp houshu at muj.biglobe.ne.jp
Sun Mar 10 02:49:03 CET 2013

Hello Neil and List,

I designed variable current sources for LM13700
with bipolar power supply.

http://houshu.at.webry.info/201303/article_1.html

As usual, I tested it only on LTspice.
Quite good exponential curves were obtained thanks to
low impedance design.  If you don't need precise linear response,
An audio-curve 2k-ohm pot seems to be good for continuous control.
If available, reverse-log curve pot with switch would be the best
to have precise linear response.

Temperature dependency was not so bad.  The response shrunk just 10%
in horizontal axis even when the temperature changed from 5 deg.
(in C) to 35 deg.

Sam HOSHUYAMA
Saitama, JAPAN