[sdiy] Uniformly distributed noise generator?

cheater00 . cheater00 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 13:37:16 CEST 2013

Reason why I asked about analogue implementations:
- they're very likely simpler
- they might function via some inherent property of a part or circuit,
which is then ideal
- you don't have to code anything, and in ten years it'll actually be
possible to repair or replicate it
- parts count very likely much smaller..
- analog noise is truly random, not pseudo-random

Richie,
Yeah, a shaper sounds like a way to do this. Some sort of tanh thing.
But I wonder if there isn't a specific circuit that inherently creates
uniformly distributed noise, similar to how we get white noise via the
inherent properties of what ever semiconductor is used. I have a
feeling something like this must exist, after all it's a basic concept
in statistics, and a lot of stats got done on analog computers for
many decades.

Cheers,
D.