[sdiy] Monostable questions

dan snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 05:59:32 CEST 2012

I was wondering if anyone had experience with a  chip that meets these requirements.

(the 4098 sort of can if you use both sections in tandem but it doesnt do quite what i want.

is there any chip out there that  receives a pulse then puts out a brief pulse a set duration later....the duration can range from short to very long

the 4098 does something different....instead of the RC time constant determining the length of the delay, it determines the length of the ON TIME

I am looking for something that has a Brief On Time but you can change the length of the delay between pauses.

maybe such a chip does not exist and I just need to use two monostables...one triggering the other.

thanks for any help!