[sdiy] Juno-106 prematurely dying battery

Eric Frampton eric at ericframpton.com
Fri Jul 27 16:55:45 CEST 2012

I wasn't able to measure battery current, but I did try metering across the open terminals of the battery holder I installed, thinking (as you mentioned) that if one of the ceramics had shorted that I'd see some indication there. The meter showed infinite resistance, so I then pursued John Henson and Murray H's suggestions that the TC40H000 had gone bad, and replaced it with a 74HC00 - which fixed the problem.

It's interesting how much overlap there is between vintage synth folks, vintage arcade/pinball folks, and vintage computer folks!