[sdiy] Juno 6/60 SH rate for filter cv

Andrew Simper andy at cytomic.com
Wed Jul 18 06:56:42 CEST 2012

On 18 July 2012 11:37, Eric Wood <eric.wood74 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't the only digital part of the J6 the dcos? Why would you get zipper effect with those?

No, the DCO is not the only digitally controlled part. Everything is
digitally controlled apart from the final vca, which is controlled
from an analog envelope generator (that is digitally controlled!).

The filter cutoff in particular is sample and held and the summing of
keyboard cv + lfo * depth + env * depth + cutoff fader (perhaps more
sources, I can't remember) are all done through a muxing -> amp and
summing -> demuxing -> sample and hold process.

The other thing that could audibly zipper from lfo / envelope
modulation is the pwm, it is done through a similar muxing and sample
and hold method.

All the best,

Andy