[sdiy] Juno 6/60 SH rate for filter cv

Andrew Simper andy at cytomic.com
Wed Jul 18 05:00:39 CEST 2012

On 18 July 2012 10:37, Kyle Stephens <lightburnx at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Fiddled with it as you suggested. No steps, no zip. I use self res with short envelopes a lot for minimal tech ish drum sounds. Often I put some OD on top, which would pick out glitches all the more were there any.
>
> I haven't heard it in any other scenario either for that matter. Just get one man, they're a lot of fun.
>

> _Kyle

Kyle, thanks for that! I really appreciate your time. I'm buying one.
I'm glad to hear they did the right thing on this one, since this
sorta zippering and slow modulation can make an otherwise great synth
suck if not done right.

I did previously check the amp envelope like this on the Juno 60 when
I had access to a friends one when I visited him in Berlin, but I
forgot to check the filter with the env. The amp envelope is directly
routed the the amp so no sample and hold at all. For the amp test you
dial in a self osc 30 hz sine, then apply a fast decaying amp env to
the output. I tried this with the Prophet-08 and it failed the test,
zippppppeeeerrrrr. I would rather a synth had fewer lfos and envs as
longs as they are done right.

Andy