[sdiy] PPG or Prophet VS waves for class

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 18 01:14:07 CEST 2012

On 07/18/2012 12:46 AM, Lanterman, Aaron wrote:
> On Jul 17, 2012, at 6:08 PM, Olivier Gillet wrote:
>
>> IIRC, you can find them in the Monowave source code eeprom file. There
>> is a sequence of 16 waves which are not from the PPG at the beginning
>> and somewhere in the middle though.
>
>> http://www.vacoloco.net/synths/monowave/downloads.shtml
>
> Ah, yes! I have the Monowave code sitting here on my hard drive, and in fact, downloaded it years and years ago precisely to look at the PPG waveforms. I just had a brain glitch and had forgotten about it.
>
>> If you are interested in the AKWF collection, a more palatable version
>> (for analysis or for integrating in a simple eeprom-based wavetable
>> player) can be found here:
>> http://mutable-instruments.net/static/downloads/waveforms.zip
>> (All AKWF waveforms converted to 128 samples length using sinc
>> interpolation, to unsigned 8 bits with dithering, phase aligned)
>
> Cool, thanks!

Don't miss the opportunity to explain how wave-table sweeps (and
interpolations) allows the dynamic alterations to the overtone spectra,
as the DFT of these waveforms have. I assume audio-assisted examples is
present, so they will understand also by hearing, and understand what
they are hearing. Maybe you should first give the example, then speak to
them and then ask if they can now understand what they hear.

Cheers,
Magnus