[sdiy] Juno 6/60 SH rate for filter cv

Veronica Merryfield veronica at merryfield.ca
Tue Jul 17 20:51:49 CEST 2012

No blog!

I spent a few years in the industry. First job was writing a multi-processor, multi-process, multi-rate deadline scheduled OS for 6 processors. This was connected to a synchronous network of sensors and actuators. The OS would read the config file of what apps would run on the various processors, which in turn described what data they produced or consumed and at what rates. It would then use this data to set up the time slots for moving the data and assuming there was enough time to do it, would then run it.

The second was doing a range of calibration and diagnostic tools for the diesel engine world, both large and small. This led to the third job to produce a virtual dyno system to test engine controllers. The system looked like an engine and whatever the engine was in. The heart was a DSP math core to simulate the engine along with a scripting language that allowed considerable testing without having to tie up a real dyno. When diesel manufacture cut out dyno testing altogether to save a load of time and money and caught a number of possible problems. The system sold to a significant number of engine makers and into racing - names you'd know well. It is still sold today and whilst the windows host side has changed much, the DSP core has remained the same.

I have done a couple of customer ECUs since in mini racing and karting.

If you want to know more, just drop me a line.