[sdiy] CZ101 display upgrade

Adam Inglis 21pointy at tpg.com.au
Tue Jul 17 03:33:15 CEST 2012

Just FYI for the CZers out there..

So I was mis-reading the specs, the single figure milliamp draw is for
the LCD alone, all the backlit displays use 20-100 mA.

It's in and looks great - I found a ridiculously cheap one (less than
3 aussie dollars - insane!!) on ebay with smaller dimensions... 80x36
mm not 84x44 mm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280823596606&ssPageName=ADME:L:OU:AU:1123

which initially looked like a problem to mount. But by mounting it by
the lower edge not the upper, and using the crossbar of the mounting
frame, it sits perfectly aligned with the viewing window, and the
problem of increased depth is sorted as well. I added a 47 ohm
resistor to the backlight power line from the 5 volt supply.

Thanks to those who helped
cheers
Adam