[sdiy] CV to Expo in a processor

Tim Ressel madhun2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 21:28:02 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am planning an oscillator using a DCO and having volt per octave CV input. So naturally I am looking at how to take values from the ADC and convert them to increment values that produce the needed frequencies. My first take was to have a table with values for each semitone and interpolate in between values. This leads to a maximum frequency error of 0.217 cents, and the error is always flat. Is this acceptable, or should I increase the size of the table? What is an acceptable error?

Thanks!

--TimR