[sdiy] Akai AX80 weird PWM behaviour on Voice 8 when Saw wave enabled

Adam Inglis 21pointy at tpg.com.au
Wed Jul 11 02:30:58 CEST 2012

James when you first mentioned this problem, I believe that you didn't
have a copy of the service manual.
Now that you have one, have you been through the calibration procedure
as outlined there, with your scope etc?

On the voice block diagram on page 52 of that service manual pdf you
supplied, there is a block in each DCO path labelled "Slice" - it
appears to take the sawtooth wave and convert it to a pulse wave,
receiving a pulse-width control signal from the CPU.
What does your scope show you at the output of this block in DCO1 of a
good voice compared with the faulty voice?

Adam