[sdiy] Pseudo-historic design question

Richard Wentk richard at wentk.com
Wed Jul 4 10:26:59 CEST 2012

Co-opt a young Daphne Oram for extra R&D.

Actually it's not all that practical - unless you used Glenn Miller's orchestra and did it acoustically.

Speaker and amp technology was somewhere between crude and really, really crude back then. And although you could probably build some synthesis circuits and a sequencer of sorts - I'd suggest relays - you'd have something the size of a truck. Or more likely, the size of a house.

The easy option would be to fly Albert Hoffman over to Bell Labs, start handing out blotting paper to the R&D teams, and wait.

Richard