[sdiy] Pseudo-historic design question

Ove Ridé nitro2k01 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 10:05:12 CEST 2012

1942 isn't all that long back. You had triode and tetrode tubes. You
had certain special purpose digital tubes. I don't think much would
stop you from making an VCO, a VCF and a step sequencer, perhaps, if
all else fails, using 16 potentiometer and mechanical relays.
It would be slightly bigger, slightly more expensive, and slightly
more power-hungry than your typical silver box, but I don't really see
any principal technical limitations to doing it electronically with
what was available at the time.
Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.