[sdiy] Prophet 10 on fritz again.

Gordon JC Pearce gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Fri May 13 08:46:34 CEST 2011

On Thu, 2011-05-12 at 16:26 -0700, Steve Galle wrote:

>  Also the recent thread regarding capacitors makes me think, m
>  aybe the next step is to recap the cpu board. Tedious task to
> contemplate, but one that I suppose should probably be done
> regardless...

... and guaranteed to leave you with more faults than you began with!

Never, ever do this.  Randomly ripping out and replacing components just
because someone on the Internet said somewhere that they *might* be
faulty, maybe, is a bad idea.

Find the fault properly.  Fix the fault properly.

Gordon MM0YEQ