[sdiy] PCB mounted pots for MOTM-style prototyping board

lanterma at ece.gatech.edu lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Mon May 2 22:24:41 CEST 2011

Dear SDIYers,

I got a bunch of these for my students to use:

http://www.synthtech.com/testcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=256

Most of them are in the soldering stage.

I know Paul uses uberquality, uberexpensive pots - but I won't even know what final soldered modules are working until the end of the week (often not everyone gets their soldered board fully debugged by the time grades are due) right now, so I don't want to put a ton of $$$ into pots of something that we may or may not ever get working.

So less expensive pots, such as Alphas, would be good.

Any recommendations?

In particular, they need to be PCB mounted, but need to have the "center" of the pot travel running perpendicular to the connector legs. I'm not sure how to specify that; most such PCB mounted pots seem to have their "center" running in parallel, which I guess is typical for most typical studio rack gear, which has horizontal instead of vertical form factors.

- Aaron