[sdiy] Weird Prodigy problem

Louis van Dompselaar louis at dompselaar.org
Mon May 2 20:57:46 CEST 2011

I have a weird problem with a Prodigy that I have here to have cv/gate installed.
I'm not sure if it's anything caused by the mod or something that has occured for unrelated reasons.

The +12V power drops to about 10V when you press a key, jumping back to +10V about half a second after release.
Strangly enough, it occurs less often once the Prodigy warms up, so it's not a short somewhere in the gate circuit.

I have already replaced the power supply capacitors and the 78M12 for good measure, so it's most likely something in the Prodigy that is causing this.

Any suggestions?