[sdiy] Buffering 0V when using a pot as a voltage divider?

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Thu Jun 30 04:25:14 CEST 2011

Nothing wrong with a thick ground trace, but if you are reduced to
thickening a ground trace to 'improve' a ground problem, then the layout is
wrong in the first place.
I'm speaking from experience here - through not strictly following a star
ground strategy, I once had spikes from an oscillator getting into
everything, but managed to save the day by soldering an inch of 1/8 inch
diameter solid copper rod across the offending chunk of ground trace.
Revised layout & all was well..

paul perry Melbourne Australia