[sdiy] Bob Pease killed in car crash

Barry Klein barryklein at cox.net
Tue Jun 21 07:13:45 CEST 2011

First, I know I'm weird in that I am only one of 2 or 3 in my group of 50 or
so that gets EDN and the like.
It is amazing how little mail the people at work now receive.  I suspect
that younger engineers did not make conscious decisions not to get EDN -
they don't even know it exists.  How would they know??
Second, I just disagree.  I think Bob was weird.  Just like me.  Just like
others that I work with.  Like many of us on this list.  He wrote what he
wanted.  It usually was more interesting reading than the rest of the
magazine.  Weirdness is better and more interesting than sameness.  You just
have to learn tolerance and adjustment - and have confidence in yourself and
what you can and will do.

Barry