[sdiy] Talking of Q

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Jun 17 13:30:12 CEST 2011

Yeah, I'd like to know about this too.

Isn't resonance/oscillation regarded as "infinite Q"? Or am I totally wrong about that?

If so, most synth filters go from zero to infinity. I suppose the usable part of that range is probably much less - which might be where 0-500 comes in.

I always pictured it as something that looks like x^2 - a graph curving off upwards exponentially towards y-axis infinity. Maybe that's not how it is...

T.