[sdiy] Help from the brain trust: Keyboard ideas

David dingebre at 3dphysics.net
Tue Jun 14 18:38:34 CEST 2011

Thanks Laurie.

David

-- -----Original Message-----
-- From: Elby Designs [mailto:elby_designs at ozemail.com.au]
-- Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:41 AM
-- To: 'David'; 'Synth DIY'
-- Subject: RE: [sdiy] Help from the brain trust: Keyboard ideas
--
-- I have a similar scenario (I think) with an ARP Odyssey where I am
replacing
-- the ARP keyboard with a MIDI keyboard. As the ARP generates 2 voltages
for
-- the duo-phonic action as well as a GATE and a TRIGGER, I am simply
writing
-- software for my MIDI-CV to generate similar outputs. This way ANY MIDI
-- controller will work. The idea is to use 2 MIDI Channels, one for each
VCO.
--
-- The ARP actually generates a master keyboard voltage which is fed to both
-- VCOs and then when a 2nd key is pressed it generates a `difference