[sdiy] Help from the brain trust: Keyboard ideas

Elby Designs elby_designs at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jun 14 09:40:30 CEST 2011

I have a similar scenario (I think) with an ARP Odyssey where I am replacing
the ARP keyboard with a MIDI keyboard. As the ARP generates 2 voltages for
the duo-phonic action as well as a GATE and a TRIGGER, I am simply writing
software for my MIDI-CV to generate similar outputs. This way ANY MIDI
controller will work. The idea is to use 2 MIDI Channels, one for each VCO.

The ARP actually generates a master keyboard voltage which is fed to both
VCOs and then when a 2nd key is pressed it generates a `difference voltage'
which is applied to VCO2 to generate the 2nd note. Relatively easily to
implement in code once you have established the voltage relationships
required.... :)

Best Regards
Laurie Biddulph
Mobile: 0400 257 645