[sdiy] Interesting wire auction...

James Coplin james at ticalun.net
Fri Jun 3 07:39:03 CEST 2011

OK, I admit it, I'm lazy.  Extremely lazy.  I'm also running out of wire.
The problem with making  a "lifetime" purchase in your late teens/early
twenties is you tend to live a lot longer than you think you will.  I had
a mountain of lovely surplus multicolor stuff that now fits in the small
part of a shoe box and is dwindling quickly.  I saw this auction on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/200pcs-Dupont-Connector-Pin-Wire-24AWG-VW-1-90-300V-/1
30465691706?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e605c783a

Not cheap (not expensive either) but lots of colors & already pinned for
dropping into my connectors. Can anyone think of a reason not to do this?
Anyone with recommendations for their favorite spot to pick up wire?
Thanks!

James R. Coplin