[sdiy] PWM or DAC better for audio out?

Veronica Merryfield veronica at merryfield.ca
Thu Jun 2 19:36:19 CEST 2011

On 2011-06-02, at 9:54 AM, Olivier Gillet wrote:

> To get good resolutions, try sigma-delta modulation instead...

My experience, albeit dealing with someone (pro synth maker) else's output, has been that S-D DACs tend to be intrusively noisy.

Having said this, I am not sure of all the issues but wonder if they are not over sampling enough or clocking it too slowly or have too much variation in the clock of something.

In one case, I know the DAC is a AK4382AVT.