[sdiy] Moog filter cutoff modulation with drive

Andrew Simper andy at cytomic.com
Wed Jun 1 14:26:50 CEST 2011

I agree :) When I first ran my model it sounded great when I drove it
hard and the cutoff was wobbling everywhere in a dynamic way with the
drive, but I was just worried that it was an artifact caused by me
getting the model wrong rather real analog behaviour. I'm very glad
it's real since otherwise I didn't have a clue what was wrong with my
model! Hopefully people on this list don't think what I do is heresy,
I love analog synths and circuits, but it is pretty cool what you can
do with dsp models as well. I've got early versions of an ms-20 rev 2
and an sem-1a filter as well that I'm going to beef up with self noise
and a few other non-ideal circuit behaviours that sound great. If
anyone wants to have a listen to these early models you can check out
some audio examples here:
http://www.cytomic.com/cytomic-announces-drop-resonant-filter-plugin

Andy
--