[sdiy] Gluing Broken Keys Back Together?

Colin f colin at colinfraser.com
Thu Sep 23 15:48:57 CEST 2010

> I have an old synth that suffered a drop and now has a few
> busted keys. I cannot source replacements for all of the keys.
> The ones I cannot find replacements for have fairly clean
> breaks and fit together nicely. I want to attempt gluing
> them. What is a suitable adhesive for this?

If it's a good clean break and the two parts fit back together tightly, use
superglue.
Then re-inforce the join on the back using two part epoxy, embedded a piece
of other material if you can fit it in.
A good tip for using superglue - it is actually a two-part glue, the
hardener being water.
Put superglue on one face of the join, then breathe on the other to make it
a little moist before pressing and holding together.

Cheers,
Colin f