[sdiy] Roland TR-707 Questions

mike ruberto somnium7 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 15:20:37 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I have a Roland TR-707 with a scrambled memory problem. Should I
assume the backup battery is shot?
I can program patterns in but after powering off and on again all
pattern locations have every beat filled with hits of every single
drum sound simultaneously. Sounds delightful too ;-)

Also, does anybody know of any active projects involving custom sample
ROMs for this drum machine? I found something like this for the TR-626
and was hoping perhaps there was a 707 project along these lines that
might be too new to be easily found with Google. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike