[sdiy] Pseudo random noise circuits?

Jay Schwichtenberg jays at aracnet.com
Fri Sep 17 18:04:15 CEST 2010

If you have the equipment and skill I'd use a uC. Even if you don't but have
a computer there are a lot of 'computers' that work at a higher level. Look
at the stuff at SparkFun.

The reason I'd go this route is you can program different algorithms. Need
analog, just tie a DAC to one of the serial bus interfaces. Need 1/f then
program it. Need 6 different types of noise, program them up and add a
selector switch.

Might have to add a voltage regulator. Some of the PICs and automotive uCs
can run at 12V so if you have a 12V system you wouldn't need that even.

If need be I got some PIC asm code that does the LFSR stuff. Know I have
some for the 24H, might have some for the 16F too.

I'm away from the computer for a little over a week. If you want the code
contact me off line after that.

Happy soldering!
Jay S.