[sdiy] Bootcamp . Parallels/ off patch over priced Mac rubbish

immanuel litzroth ilitzroth at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 20:10:37 CEST 2010

> Just for the record, I've used Macs since 1984 and (touching wood) never had one fail yet.
I am using pc's for a little longer and never had one die on me
either. But I also have experience
using macs for development in a 20+ developer shop which was doing
prepress software and
* Only 1 developer there used mac in preference to windows although
everybody had a
quite powerful mac sitting under their desk.
* We did not see significantly more problems with the (Dell) machines
running windows.

Given the price tag on macs I cannot seriously recommend them to
anyone. I am also using Logic
Pro on my home mac and I am very disappointed in that program.
Immanuel
P.S. I also was disappointed by the ipod -- got one from the company
was broken after
1.5 years -- bought an 80 gig archos which was cheaper and more powerful.