[sdiy] Allen Strange book

lanterma at ece.gatech.edu lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Mon Sep 13 19:50:59 CEST 2010

On Sep 13, 2010, at 1:41 PM, Harry Bissell wrote:

> I started with some big wall posters of the ARP 2500 and 2600 which I got
> free at an ARP demo in high school, as well as an ARP odyssey owner manual
> that was left on the same table.

Brings back memories of the electronic music class I took from Rich O'Donnell at Wash U back, uhm, let's just say very early 1990s.

The lab had an ARP 2500 and a 2600, and I spent many many hours on them. The 2500 had all sorts of crazy crosstalk in the switching matrices that I actually thought was kind of cool.

There was also a Moog and an old Buchla back in the corner; I don't think either worked at the time, but alas in any case at the time I didn't really appreciate what they were...

- Aaron