[sdiy] brainwaves to CV :O)

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Fri Sep 10 15:25:43 CEST 2010

Karl Ekdahl <elektrodwarf at yahoo.se> wrote:
>On the note that the brain is 3-dimensional and EEG just measures
>the surface; If i'm not misstaken, one of the things ERP does is
>using multi electrode systems (32-64 electrodes rather then EEGs
>3-8) to be able to pin-point signals in 3 dimensions.
>
>Also the fact that the brain does not gain anything from emitting
>signals through the skull doesn't necessarily mean you can't
>eavesdrop...

Of course not.  My point was that the signals that are found there (skull cap)
aren't there because of some inducement due to evolution which _is_ the case for
signals sent to muscles from parts of the brain that are designed to handle
manipulation of the environment by "will".

>A friend of mine brought a EEG system to me and i helped him
>making it work with his modular, instead of using it to monitor
>brain activity he used it to measure face muscle movement;

And these signals come from a part of the brain that was designed to handle the
manipulation of the environment (facial expression).

I would think that these signals would be easier to control by "will" since they
are designed for that purpose - as opposed to signals found on the skull cap
which are coming from all kinds of different processing circuits.  Many of which
may not be easily controlled by "will".