[sdiy] brainwaves to CV :O)

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Fri Sep 10 00:24:54 CEST 2010

"Paul Burns" <paul at fitvideo.co.uk> wrote:

>I would challenge Scott's statement in that signals leave the human brain
>all the time to induce muscle stimulation, inducing limbic movement and
>speech just for starters...
>
>We shall beg to differ.
>
>regards
>
>Paul

Perhaps my expression "leave the brain" isn't accurate as is - sure signals leave the
brain, but they do so conducted by electochemical nervous connections, not by
through-the-air propogation or even bone-tissue-skin conduction which can be sensed by
electronic equipment.

My point is that the connections through nerves to activate muscles and receive sensory
signals were rewarded by evolution and their functions advanced due to the rewards.  No
such reward has been provided by nature regarding signals that can be sensed by elecronic
connections attached to the exterior of the skull.