[sdiy] small widget - how to package? [maybe OT to some]

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Wed Sep 1 22:42:27 CEST 2010

We used to use two-part epoxy to seal lids onto datalogger units at work. It was only messy for the first couple of dozen. Most of the production staff had got the skill down perfectly and could do a batch of a hundred and only need a couple of minor wipe-ups.

You'd be surprised how good you can get at this kind of thing. My other example from the same job was soldering surface mount processors by hand - again, the number of failures was small enough that it was worth doing it that way, at least for a small firm.

T.