[sdiy] Preliminary Living Vocoder BOM

cheater cheater cheater00 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 12:06:47 CEST 2010

Hi Jurgen,

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 09:50, JH. <jhaible at debitel.net> wrote:
> The connectors have a 3rd pin, where you can deed an external CV for each
> channel. This is basically the EMS 5000 concept. *And* you can use this with
> a set of 20 potentiometers for a filterbank function during silence
> bridging, like the Sennheiser Vocoder did.

How does this work? You mean if I turn the potentiometer up, the VCA
of the filterbank channel gets the incoming CV?

Also, I think a good idea: if you use external CV inputs, use "bipolar
pots" and normalize the input jacks to a positive DC voltage, so that
you can use the thing as a resonator... :) And if you mix it with the
original sound, you can use it as an EQ :)

Will make sure to listen to the demos when I'm back home!

Cheers,
D.