[sdiy] Socket schematic symbol question

m brandenberg mcbinc at panix.com
Thu Oct 28 21:53:44 CEST 2010

On Thu, 28 Oct 2010, Justin Owen wrote:

> I'm trying to source a mono socket in a particular shape - the two I've found have this pin out on the data sheet. I'll admit I might be trying to bend squares into circles a little here, but...

It might be better to describe what, exactly, you're trying
to do.  Standard mono TS wiring would use 2/1 (either jack).
Standard TRS wiring would use 2/3/1 (either jack).  4 and
5 are used to feed a normalized signal to Tip or Ring
respectively when no plug is present.

Monty Brandenberg

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list