[sdiy] Endless pots?

tu at alphalink.com.au tu at alphalink.com.au
Mon Nov 29 14:32:52 CET 2010

There are also 360deg rotation pots with dual wipers and no dead zone. These could be used for
sensing direction using quadrature decoding.

http://www.taiwanalpha.com/english/p_e_80-1.htm

Pinout at the bottom of this page.

http://www.taiwanalpha.com/english/p_e_31.htm

/Tristan

On Mon, Nov 29th, 2010 at 11:30 PM, Jean-Pierre Desrochers <jpdesroc at oricom.ca> wrote:

> There are pots that turns endlessly with a small dead zone around 360
> deg.
> They mostly have very precise linearity (normaly used for servo controls)
> Look at this one..
> I used it for my Moog921A clone module.
> It has 2% linearity:
> http://parts.digikey.ca/1/1/862222-pot-100k-ohm-ww-bush-mnt-157b104mxb10.html
>
> or this ended auction:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=290410301030&si=NKzIs3p8Y8k%252BgEygVwE%252BRRoeq3Q
%253D&viewitem=