[sdiy] use pc psu's as EMI chassis for synth modules

megaohm megaohm1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 00:47:48 CET 2010

Good ideas!

I have an armful of these empty shells. I've been using them for power
supply pieces. I keep the IEC and switch, throw a fuse in and it acts
as the front end to my PSU's. I run wires out of the back hole and
hook those to the actual supply. I like my power supplies outside the
cab. I put them in old computer towers (metal towers) and stick them
under the table the cabs sit on.
  I have one of the PSU shells with an entire Power One +5V supply inside.
Definitely useful pieces to have around.

p.