[sdiy] Stripboard/tripad OS-X layout software?

Tim Parkhurst tim.parkhurst at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 20:56:12 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Jim Coursey <jim at antsclimbtree.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying my hand at stripboard and tripad layouts and I'm wondering if
> anyone can recommend a free or cheap OSX layout tool.  I tried a javascript
> tool, DIY Layout Creator, but it is really slow, and it lacks a tripad
> layout option.
>
> Does anyone have recommendations for a Mac-compatible tool?
>
> One of my first projects is stripboarding Tim Servo's 8k LFO -- thanks in
> advance Tim, this looks cool.
>
> -Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks. I get a lot of use out of my 8k LFOs. The basic circuit is
very simple, so that's a good one to start with. Later on, you might
try the TSQ (Triangle to Square) and TSW (Triangle to Saw)
waveshapers. I've got another waveshaper that's just a combo of parts
of the TSQ and TSW, but it gives all sorts of non-standard (but fun)
waves. I'll have to post that soon. Hopefully you can find some good
layout software for your Mac.

Tim (mmm, wavey) Servo
--
"Sire, the church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."
- H.L. Hastings