[sdiy] Best kept secret of amazing electronics books

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Tue Nov 16 03:45:18 CET 2010

>Tietze/Schenk - Halbleiterschaltungstechnik. It's certainly not ideal,
> but it covers a lot of ground including the maths involved, signal
> transmission, basic control theory, etc. Dunno about the English
> translation

I've read the English translation, and it is very good.
But, the book is pretty scarce and very expensive.
I don't think I will ever own a copy.

As for AoE - it has the advantage of being written by people who know their
stuff,
and written for a very specific & well-defined audience.
I think it is a great success - in the same way that a synth that is
designed by
someone who knows their stuff, with a well-defined aim in mind, would be.

All I can say is, the books that always seemed to end up on my bench (as
opposed
to the bookshelves) were AoE, Pease on troubleshooting, and  the books by
Jung and
by Lancaster. Plus the Linear & National applications notes.

paul perry Melbourne Australia