[sdiy] MIDI bytestream parser

Neil Johnson neil.johnson97 at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 16 00:37:23 CET 2010

Hi all,

A long while back I mentioned a little side project I've been working
on to write a general-purpose MIDI bytestream parser.  Well, the
first initial version is now online for anyone to use.  Documentation
is a little sketchy at the moment (!!!) but will improve.

See here:

http://code.google.com/p/miby/

Comments welcome!  It hasn't been used in anger yet, and I know there
are opportunities for optimising it further (for example, if SysEx is
not needed), but for now the target is correctness.

To come are parsers for the various SysEx Universals (sample dump,
file dump, time code, machine control, etc).  Plus all the continuous
controllers, including RPN and NRPN.

Cheers,
Neil
--