[sdiy] Making flat cables

grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com
Fri Nov 12 19:35:44 CET 2010

Hi,

Has anyone got any insights on how to make or find small flat cables.
I've been doing a lot of 14- and 16- pin character LCD upgrades and I'm
getting to the bottom of my surplus flat cables box.  The requirement is
14 or 16 pins on 0.1" centers on each end ... a couple of inches long.
I don't really want to strip 28 pins and then crimp them (see photo and
imagine single-row: http://112.120.67.124/W_DR_16P_PIN.jpg ) and I also
don't really like using double-wide (IDC computer style) cables either.
But that's just cosmetic.  I can't find any pre-made ones on the
interweb either.

GB