[sdiy] RFZ gear - negative voltage power supply?

jure zitnik kokoon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 11:37:55 CET 2010

thanks for the reply.

i am quite certain that the modules are -24V, i have read about that
in a few different places.

since i don't have the specific PSU unit you're describing, am i
getting this right:
in linear AC-DC supplies the AC ground is usually connected to "DC
ground" which make the DC output positive, relative to the common
ground...
if i connected such power supply backwards, i would have problems with
common ground with the rest of the setup?
that is why i need to tie the (system) ground to what you call "+Out"?

kinda makes sense :)

also, about the current consumption - the EQ module is specced at max
45mA... i'm guessing 200mA would be enough for all 3 modules... or
should i need more?

cheers,
jure