[sdiy] Potentiometers and Mounting PCB's

Stewart Pye stewpye at optusnet.com.au
Sun Feb 28 01:08:38 CET 2010

I've layed out a couple of PCB's over the weekend. They have PCB mounted
16mm pots, like these.. http://www.bitechnologies.com/pdfs/p160.pdf
I was looking at Mouser, Digikey etc for pots that have a robust
mounting bracket on them, but all the horizontal mount pots I could find
with brackets did not have a threaded bush.

I've seen that a common method is to use a "stooge" bracket that goes
between the panel and the pots and folds around to the side. I guess if
I can't find suitable pots I'll do this. Does anyone know of pots that
are available that would obviate the need for the bracket?

Regards,
Stewart.