[sdiy] new list: synth_diy @yahoo

cheater cheater cheater00 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 12:54:28 CET 2010

All this makes sense now.

You're jumping ship to another ship without a rat and with a captain
that's there.

Now.

Give it a few years and we'll have the same situation.

Jason will be swamped with real life stuff, kids, etc. The 'captain'
will be gone.

Another rat will slip in, etc.

Whether people can spam you or not: on yahoo lists you can see the
sender's email address too.

You can get daily digests or single replies or anything else yahoo allows.

And the 'captain' can block people too. There is no difference with
regards to that. And the list can be moderated too.

What I see here is a knee jerk reaction. You guys haven't even waited
one whole day to see what will happen. This is not the kind of
solidarity we want, think again.

Rick is probably swamped with stuff, and you can't hold it over him.
Maybe he checks the list only once a week. Maybe he'll take care of
this this weekend, or maybe he only does it on Wednesdays, so we'll
have to wait a week. But going crazy after 5 minutes of inactivity
just shows up as digital ADHD.

As a result of this Rick could create some 'deputies' who could share
the load, that would be welcome.

D.