[sdiy] Understanding Analog Computer Schematics?

David G. Dixon dixon at interchange.ubc.ca
Wed Feb 25 19:57:18 CET 2009

> You can take two triangle waves 90 degrees out of phase,
> four-quadrant-ringmodulate them together and get a sinusoid at double
> frequency and i think half or 1/sqrt2 the amplitude. It will be a
> sinusoid with a small amount of harmonic distortion on top of it.
> Nothing noticable, or maybe even something desirable.

The "sinoid" made from multiplying two triangle waves 90 degrees out of
phase has twice the frequency and an amplitude which is 1/8 of the square of
the amplitude of the triangles.  It is visually very close to a sine.  I'm
now curious about how this would stack up against the more normal sine
shaper output.