[sdiy] The Dreaded ROHS

Bob Weigel sounddoctorin at imt.net
Sun Feb 15 02:37:27 CET 2009

Hehe...Karl..if we don't need political discussions...don't interject !
(eg. accusing the US of trying to ruin the rest of the world's attempts
to do things more environmentally ..conscious??  Boy that's a flame bait
if I ever saw one!  hehe.  China?  Hellowww?   :-))

 More facts.  You want me to repost the calculations I posted on this
forum some years back when this all first hit?

They aren't doing anything for the environment in this.  That's the
fact.  What we have here...is a failure...to perform basic environmental
reality calculations.  How much and at what rate *if EVERYTHING* winds
up in the dump will lead leech into the environment?  And WILL that have
an 'environmental impact' worth talking about?

I did the calculations on a way worst case scenario.  It's a bloody joke
Karl.  I'm not trying to ruin anyone's environment in saying that.  It's
just a fact that this is another hyped up scam to make certain people a
lot of money.  They make that money by investing in the turnover of
technology and making *insider investments*.  That's how the game is
played.  I'm just tellin' ya.  Believe it or not.  Look in the archives
for the worst case assessment I made.  I think it was quite useful.
It's not political.  It's just reality.

Here in America we got the catalytic converter passed way before anyone
else didn't we?  And why was that when it was pumping out putred
poisonous SO3 instead of SO2 along with the CO to CO2 converstion?
Because..it made people a lot of money on insider trading.  People who
pushed through the legislations had interest either directly or
indirectly no doubt in the mining of previously low demand metals.

I'm not being political.  I'm just trying to alert people to a fact as
to *why* these things *really* gain momentum sometimes.  Greed is behind
it and anyone who knows history won't bat an eye when I say that.. -Bob