[sdiy] The Dreaded ROHS

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Sat Feb 14 23:47:04 CET 2009

Hi Folks

Does anyone have any idea how ROHS affects those of us who might make
PCBs or modules which we then sell, on a hobby basis?

Quite frankly, I don't care a flying ---- about a fraction of a gramme
of lead in something I make (probably more going up my nose when I make
it!) and would be highly insulted if the finished product ended up in a
landfill anyway ;-)

So, if selling something, can I just say "not ROHS-compliant" or should
I forget the idea of selling anything?  (It wouldn't be a profit-making
exercise anyway.)

And as to the scope of WHERE I would sell anything, it's to any country
a) not infested with scammers and b) has a sufficiently reliable postal
service that I won't be worried about PayPal chargebacks.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/
Personal: http://www.smiffysplace.com/